6.09.2005

Emo

Is the good old emo dead? Replaced by crap like Evanesence, and a bunch of kids on lj that think they're so hott. I hate to get up on a soapbox here, and show that I'm getting older but this imitation crap is just bugging me so much.

I remember getting on the Livejournal scene way back in my Sophomore year at highschool, around 2002 maybe a bit earlier. This was before Blogs were a huge thing and Livejournal was still in its infancy (correct me if I'm wrong). This was when "emo-core" was still so new that they were writing newspaper articles about the strange "new music" that was hitting it off with a "select" group of teens.
What was good emo? With the help of my friend Miranda we reminised about the good old stuff.
-->doves, the promise ring, jets to brazil, jawbreaker, elliott and at the drive in
Just a few examples of what Emo was supposed to be, unfortunatley soon after the rise of good old emo, just like any other form of music, cheap knock of lameass n00btards flooded it with their crap. Dashboard, Evanesence, even Linkin Park...just ruined LJ and the emo world.

LJ became full of these kids pretending to be emo, glorifying cutting like it's a trophy and just general mis-use of the emo world. Why did this happen?


I blame the media, and ambercrombie & fitch. They saw the select few emo kids and how they dressed and acted and some genious was like hey, let's make emo and punk cool and destroy everything it stands for. Thus three years later we emo lovers of old are punished with stupid looks, lj accusations and long winded explanations to a time when emo was ghey.


--end--

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend, while you make valid points, I still believe that emo in general was the last rape of the blues. We went from Robert Johnson "Hell Hound on my Trail" to Linkin Park's "Paper Cut". Are the exceptions to this rule? Probably. Hell, if you look in a big pile of coal, you'll find a diamond. Wow, that last sentence was queer, but i stand by my statement.

Anonymous said...

linkin park isn't emo, you hobag.

i'd say coheed ruined it. and bright eyes. yes. i am always right.

Anonymous said...

p.s.

i totally told you all of those bands. and emo's like... 7th grade, dude. i saw a lot of them live and drunk at age 13, i'd know. i rule.

Anonymous said...

Linkin Park=midlessly incoherent low-grade bitching=emo. Some may make the argument that it falls under the lj/pop emo/whatchacallsit abomination. I don't, but that is due in part to the fact that I am a stubborn mule who is, for the most part, stuck with my grandpa bands. But I don't really give a fuck.